Top
Ten Foods to Forage
This is
an article written by Katy moses who is explaining what are the top ten foods
to forage all year round and giving you reason why.
Finding this
was a huge step forward in my research as knowing what are they top food to
forage in your town is something that a kid might want to know when reading a
book.
These top
ten are
- Mushrooms
- Wild Garlic
- Elder
- Seaweed
- Dandelion
- Nettles
- Hawthorn
- Berries
- Nuts
- Mallow
There is
one difficulty with this piece of research and that’s the way it deals with
foods which are found all over Britain. Looking at my Survey I have gathered
information which says that I need to concentrate to one type of area. This is
saying to make a book designed for the coast, forest, urban area and more. This
will mean I could create activities for children to go away and do it in one
area.
There
will also be a benefit as it I concentrate on one type of area I will be able
to fit in mostly all the plant and bushes which grow there, instead of just
doing 1-2. I can also place the 'what not to pick', in those area as I am
concentrated on what to place in my book.
This
website is giving good information on what the plants are used for when
you have picked them but in an adult way. So I will need to change this so
children will understand the information given to them information given to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment