Monday, 12 March 2012

Essential Tips For Creating A Children’s Book

Five Essential Tips for Creating a Children’s Book

This has to be one of my more imaginative research pieces I have found to date. This is explaining what you have to do to get a well-designed children's book from writing and designing to the finish published products. Using the five key elements you are able to have a small team to create a children's book. 

There is a problem with this I find is that you have to have a very skilled person  at each stage on this process otherwise how will you be able to accomplish a successful children's book. This piece of research is helpful if I would be looking into actually creating a book but as I am not and only looking into creating 2-6 pages in my designs I will be looking at all the points but in very different ways. Mainly is a smaller fashion. As I already have my brief and I need to create a children’s book for an age range with foraging in mind. This has taken care on the first point. 

Looking into the message to be put across will come from other research and the age range I decide to choose in the end. So that takes care of point 2. The third point will be harder for me as I need to somehow cut down my sentences to form more condensed version of the information but still appealing to small children. 

These five points have given me something to work against so I cannot go off track chasing down opportunities which will just waste my time. This is why I think this piece of research isn’t as useful as it could be but still one of my more valuable pieces.

 

The five points are below. 

1. Don’t take writing skills for granted.

2. Develop a meaningful message.

3. Can you sum up the message in a short sentence?

4. Work with professionals on illustrations.

5. Work with a professional children’s book designer.

http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2011/09/27/childrens-book-tips/

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment