Saturday, 17 March 2012

My Favorite Illustrator

Mr Gum


These are one of my favourite book series that I have found that I like each and every one of their books. Mr Gum has been written by an author called Andy Stanton with an illustrator David Tazzyman. 

These two have created a book series with the character Mr Gum, with a variety particular drawing style. These are some of my favourite books because of the drawings which are in each of the books; below you will see some of their books and what amazing imagery they have used. 

The age range of 7-11 is what they have aimed at as their books are a little too dramatic for a younger child. Having a wicked looking character and a drawing style which is done to look like pencil is something I would be very interested in. But there is a problem and that is which the brief of a foraging book, I will be needed detailed drawings or photography to create real images of what children may or may not pick up. So this style is something I might not be able to use when designing my books. 

But I still fell that these books are a great way to communicate to children of that age.


http://www.mrgum.co.uk/author.htm




No comments:

Post a Comment