Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Models

Ceramic models

I stumbled across this website in my early research where I was astounded into how much detail someone will go through to create imagery for a children's book. This artist Liz Lomax has created models to replace drawings for children’s books. This approach to designing imagery for books is something that I had never seen before and I found that it took her around 4-8 hours per model to create.

This is a techniques which aren’t used often or at all because of the amount of time and materials it takes. I don’t think I will be using something like this because of the time I have and the costs of the materials that I will have to use. I will also not be using this because of the popularity of this; it hasn’t been popular as a book because children would rather touch something like this instead of reading 
about it. But here are the images below.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment