Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Illustrator

Jeff Szuk


This is another illustrator which I have been looking at as he has also done children's book front covers. I have not found this often in illustrators I have been looking at. They normally always been using pictures they have drawn just for the inside of the book not the front cover.  

Having to create an image which has to seal the book and almost tell a little bit of the story is a very hard thing unless it says something like "daffy the duck". From there it’s as simple picture to draw as it comes to mind straight away. But this designer has done both which is a great trait to have these days. 

He illustrations are drawn all in hand and are detailed in there look. He uses a few different medium like water colour and crayons to colour in his images. This shows a different way to his workings. I like his method as it does take some time but the end outcome is a friendly one for children to look at and read around and the colours art to bright or heavy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment