Tuesday, 28 February 2012

How Children Learn

"Children learn best when the leaning experience is pleasant and free"
John Holt - Author & Educator

Babies

Learning through the five senses
  • Taste 
  • Touch 
  • Sight
  • Sound
  • Smell
 These add to whatever a book has to offer by making the experience a little more interactive.

There are three different ways of learning which are:-
  •  Auditory
  • Visual
  • Kinaesthetic 
 Each of these ways is different ways or learning. So each child is different as one may work just from a book instead or building something.

"I hear I forget, I see I remember, I do I understand"
Ancient Chinese Proverb 

Self-Motivated and Self Directed Learning.

This is something which is key where activity’s is one of the best ways to get a child motivated and getting them to do activity’s to almost teach themselves. There may be no reward from it apart from getting the child to complete a task to get them motivated with what they are trying to achieve.

Three Recognised approaches to aiding and improving a child's learning: 

  • Building on pre-existing knowledge
  • Transferring Knowledge
  • Memory Strategies 
Added Features
  • Paper Engineering
  • Pull Tabs
  • Flaps / Fold Outs
  • Pop Ups
  • Die-Cuts
  • Textures
  • Specialised Inks
  • Stickers
  • Crayons
  • Wipe Clean / Blackboard
  • Puppets








No comments:

Post a Comment